Project Manager / Contracts Manager - Dublin (2424)
Entered: 21 Sept 2018
Our client is an international company specialising in the construction. They are looking to recruit a Project Manager / Contracts Manager (Design & Build Experience) to join their Dublin team.
Key Responsibilities as a Project Manager / Contracts Manager (Design & Build Experience)
- Ensure production and commercial procedures are implemented across all projects.
- Implementation of all Company safety, health, environmental and quality procedures ensuring statutory and legislative compliance across all projects.
- Prepare contract budget in conjunction with profit centre Surveyor and ensure it is kept up to date.
- Regularly monitor performance and act when necessary to improve performance.
- Ensure each contract is properly planned and programmed.
- Ensure all necessary resources are in place to meet contract programme.
- Develop contract programme with Site Manager, establish sequence and timing of operations necessary for the completion of the work.
- Ensure all relevant information is collated, reviewed and actioned at regular contract review meetings. Attend client / consultant meetings, prepare and respond to the requirements of the meeting.
- Ensure verbal instructions are confirmed in accordance with contract conditions.
- Ensure delays are properly recorded under the contract to ensure contractual entitlement.
- Take overall responsibility for all projects until end of defects liability period (retention release).
- Authorise placing of sub-contractor and supplier orders in accordance with the Limit of Authority document.
- Recruitment and management of site personnel in line with Company HR Policies and procedures.
- Champion quality standards on all contracts via culture of continuous improvement.
- Participate in tender adjudication meetings.
- Sub-contractor selection, appointment, management and agreement of final account.
- Carry out warning and dismissal of CHF, Trades and General Operatives for disciplinary offences and poor performance in conjunction with HR Department.
- Carry out PDRs for staff under his/her control.
- Ensure staff are kept up to date with current legislation and training needs to meet the companies objectives.
- Continually review the construction function suggesting areas for improvement, in keeping with industry developments.
- Maintain regular contact with existing clients, known consultants, contractors, sub-contractors and suppliers
- 8+ years relevant experience
- Knowledge of design procurement
- Knowledge of construction methods and best practice, technologies and materials
- Measurement and Valuation
- Ability to manage more than one project
- Knowledge & understanding of subcontract/material procurement.
- Knowledge of Management Systems
- Knowledge of Standards and Specifications
- Knowledge of Commercial Management
- Knowledge of Financial Management
- Knowledge of Safety & Health and Quality Policies and Procedures
- Knowledge of Industrial Relations
- Knowledge of Construction Industry WRA (Working Rule Agreement)
Please send your cv to Aine at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01 456 9899 for a confidential chat.