Job detail view & apply
|Asgard Cleanroom Solutions Ltd.
Unit E, Sark Business Pk., Purcellsinch,
Dublin Road, Kilkenny.
Tel: 056 7771771
Estimator/ Project Surveyor
|Location: Kilkenny/ Castlecomer with site visits
Entered: 17 Aug 2018
The role of Estimator/ Project Surveyor is with a leading Cleanroom Contractor with projects throughout Ireland.
Asgard Cleanroom Solutions Ltd. is a leading specialist supplier of modular controlled environment solutions for use in the pharmaceutical, micro-electronic and data storage sectors. Established in March of 2001, Asgard have gone from strength to strength since. Asgard are now recruiting Estimators/ Project Surveyors of all levels to work as part of their commercial team for their wide range of projects. This is an excellent opportunity for enthusiastic candidates to join a progressive company.The role of Estimator/ Project Surveyor is to maximize the profitability of the project by utilising proper contractual and commercial practices and through effective risk management. The ideal candidate will have a relevant construction-related degree.
The ideal candidate will also:
- Be enthusiastic and pro-active
- Be a good communicator with drive and ambition
- Have the ability to work to tight deadlines and budgets
- Have a good working knowledge and understanding of the commercial aspect of projects
- Be fully competent in the use of Microsoft Excel and Word. Familiarity with Microsoft Project, CostX and/or Conquest would be an advantage.
- Experience of interior fit-out and/or modular construction would be advantageous.
KEY OBJECTIVES OF JOB / ROLE:
- Measure and price tenders including seeking quotes from Suppliers & Sub-contractors.
- Effectively communicate with clients, vendors, personnel in other departments, construction managers and construction supervisors to discuss and resolve issues and to ensure the project runs efficiently.
- Identify variations to the contract, price them accordingly and submit to the client in a timely fashion.
- Monitor costs from vendors and subcontractors, explore variances, manage issues and in conjunction with the Project Manager, deal with cost overruns and recovery.
- Report on actual costs and examine estimates used by management for purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work.
- Prepare internal/ client cost reports as and when required.
- Prepare interim applications for payment and assess sub-contractor/supplier applications.
- Measure and agree subcontractors’ accounts.
- Prepare and agree the final account
- Keep your manager fully advised of any issue/risk which has arisen or might arise and which could affect the business/project.
*****Recruitment agencies/ personnel need not respond*****
|Apply using your CV:|