Reporting to: Vice President Business Development Eastern Canada
The Chief Estimator will oversee all estimation and work with preconstruction/ business development staff in the review of project plans, requirements and specifications for large heavy civil projects. The Chief Estimator shall ensure all work is followed and performed correctly and accurately.
• Oversee and review project plans, requirements, and specifications.
• Have demonstrated leadership abilities to coordinate a team of estimators to develop a large multidisciplinary estimate.
• Determine labor and equipment costs.
• Prepare accurate quantity takeoffs and materials pricing.
• Review and understand all bid documents and assess project risks.
• Understand project logistics and project schedule.
• Compare and analyze competitive subcontractor and supplier bids.
• Review quotes and estimates with the Project Management Team.
• Prepare estimates at different levels of completion (conceptual, Schematic, DD, CD, etc.)
• Perform certain post-bid buyouts.
• Perform pre-construction duties and meetings with Clients, Owners, and Engineers.
• Responsible for developing leadership, motivation, and communication with owners, subcontractors and project team and is accountable for their actions.
• Performs other related duties as required and assigned
• Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Mechanical Engineering or Architecture
• A minimum of 7-10 years’ experience as a Sr. Project Manager, Estimator or equivalent
• A minimum of 15 years construction experience.
• Private and public works sector experience required. P3 proposals experience desirable.
• Experience working on large multi-million dollar heavy civil projects exceeding 100 million dollars.
• Advanced computer skills with estimating software
• Effective presentation skills
• Advanced computers skills with MS Office
• Extensive knowledge of construction costs and engineering principles
• Familiarity of all aspects of horizontal and infrastructure projects
• Well organized, flexible, detail oriented and multi-tasked.
• Prioritize work load and consistently meet deadlines while constantly changing tasks and demands
• Excellent written an oral communicator.
Special Condition: Required to travel within Canada and elsewhere needed.
To register your interest in this fantastic opportunity and to find out more regarding package, please forward your latest cv to email@example.com