Our client provide high quality design & build, main contracting, interior fit-out and project management services to public and private sector clients throughout Europe.
The company seeking for a Health & Safety Manager. The successful candidate must be willing to travel across Leinster and outskirts to visit all construction sites.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Take ownership of the organisations ISO14001 & OHSAS18001 Management Systems and ensure that standards and procedures set within these systems are maintained in line with regulatory requirements.
- Promote safe systems of works in line with ISO & OHSAS standards ensuring that safety is placed at the fore of all undertakings by the organisation.
- Contribute to the development of Company's strategic plan to deliver Environmental; Health and Safety improvements in line with the organisations targets and objectives.
- Ensure that the appropriate arrangements are in place to implement Site Environmental; Health and Safety policies across all Company Business units.
- Carry out site and facility inspections and audits to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented and produce reports that suggest improvements.
- Lead and support initiatives to raise awareness and drive a positive culture around H&S within the Company through positive affirmation of behaviours.
- Promote and champion the organisation Safety Behaviour Programme
- Provide the Company with monthly reports on the appropriate KPI's to track performance of corrective actions and preventative action.
- Record incidents and produce statistics and information for the Company and assist Management Team to achieve their responsibilities. Update and maintain Health and Safety procedures and the Organisation's Safety Statement in compliance with Regulatory requirements
- Ensure that risk assessments are developed and ensure risks are reduced.
- Keep record of incidents and accidents and produce statistics for senior management
- Lead and partake in Health and Safety Committee meetings across the Company based on EHS performance at site level.
- Support and recommend to sites and facilities where relevant on internal and external audits' appropriate corrective actions to address risks highlighted in audits.
- Ensure the right details from legislation are in place and briefed out within the organisation, plus any developments that affect the employer's industry.
- Work closely with HR and other Departments in relation to specific employee issues or accidents.
- Lead Group information sharing and best practise training through formal and informal routes.
- Implement a robust accident management policy including accident investigation and absence management across the Group.
- Coordinate dealings with enforcement agencies and external bodies including the HSA; EPA; and Insurers with incidents and accident investigations.
- Review risk assessments on high level risk areas and data from accidents and advise how risks could be reduced further.
- Undertake any other associated duties which may occasionally arise.
- Review and co-ordinate environmental monitoring the effects of dust, chemicals, noise, manual handling and other occupational risks within the business.
- Demonstrate good commercial awareness and assist with the tendering process where required.
- Ensure that training is undertaken including Organisational and Site Induction: CSCS; Manual Handling Training; and other health and safety training as required
- Improve the health and safety culture, through training and awareness campaigns
Experience / Qualifications: Essential
- BSc Safety & Health
- Member of IOSH or equivalent.
- Experience as a Health and Safety Manager for at least 7 years
- Has detailed and up to date knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and best practice within a construction and manufacturing organisation.
Competency & Behaviour:
- Is pro-active and self-motivated.
- Can work unsupervised and within the greater Senior Management Team
- Highly motivated and meticulous in attention to professional standard.
- Ability to work in a team environment and can engage, motivate and work with people.
- Ability to manage a team of EHS Advisors and engage, motivate and work with internal and external service providers.&nb