Job search form Show / Hide
Job detail view & apply
Structural Technician Transportation Sector
Entered: 21 Sept 2018
Entered: 21 Sept 2018
Established in 2004, KCM is owned and managed by construction professionals who recruit solely in the Rail and Construction sector both in Ireland and internationally. We offer 100% confidentiality to candidates and specialise in finding roles within the construction industry for candidates who are returning from overseas or professionals who are looking at new opportunities in the domestic market.
THE ROLE: Technical Assistant Structural
Semi-state – Our client currently has a workload to refurbish a number of existing buildings and structures and to construct a number of new buildings and structures.
Contract role for between 6 and 24 months and potentially longer Holidays: 25 per annum pro rata
Location: South Dublin close to City Centre
Salary range: will depend on experience but all salary expectations will be considered by the agency.
Contact recruiter: Kevin Clair on 087 279 0484 to discuss.
Closing date for application – Friday 13th August.
The Candidate will be expected to:
- Assist in the management and deployment of personnel resources in the Structural Design Office.
- Oversee the preparation of drawings and documents by others in the Structural Design Office.
- Develop drawings from topographical surveys.
- Prepare drawings to a standard suitable for submission to the local authority for planning approval.
- Produce full tender drawings, including general arrangement, reinforced concrete, steel fabrication drawings, etc.
- Assist in the preparation of contract documents.
- Assist in the inspection of construction works as required.
- Approve fabrication drawings and revise details as necessary to ensure that the construction works are being carried out in accordance with the contract documentation.
The Candidate must have a minimum of 10-years’ experience.
The candidate must:
- Be proficient in the use of AutoCAD.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must have knowledge of the Building Regulations, health and safety regulations, disability, accessibility and planning laws.
- Experience of working in a railway environment would be beneficial.
Please forward your CV through this website for more information or contact kevin on 01 458 6006/0872790484
Apply using your CV: