Junior Quantity Surveyor (Residential Developer)
As Quantity Surveyor you will be part of the Commercial team to keep a close eye on project finances and contractual relationships. Involved in the procurement of designated packages, managing costs from initial calculations to the final figures, minimising the costs where possible, enhancing value for money while still achieving the required standards and quality.
Taking ownership of several trade packages post contract, you’ll make sure that the financial position of those works is accurately reported and controlled effectively, managing the contractual relationships between Ballymore and the Trade Contractors.
• Identifying and analysing commercial risks.
• Preparing tender and contract documents, including liaison with Consultants and construction team.
• Preparing and analysing tenders.
• Providing advice on contractual claims and general contract administration.
• Valuing completed work and preparing payments for approval.
• Performing risk management, value management, cost control and cost reporting.
• Advising on procurement strategy.
• Preparation of cost plans and bills of quantities.
• BSc in Quantity Surveying
• 2+ Years’ Quantity Surveyor experience
• Measurement and take off skills
• IT skills, specifically in excel, cubit and outlook
What's in it for you:
• Expanding and well funded organisation to work within
• Career progression within a structured team environment
• Competitive package DOE
• Great place to work
If you are interested in this role, please click apply or contact Sean Feighery @ BSS on 01 707 1012 today.
Sean specialises in the recruitment of Quantity Surveyors and Health & Safety Professionals from Graduate to Senior level across the contractor and consultancy sectors around the country. He has a vast base of clients including Tier 1, Large Main Contractors and Small-Medium Contractors/Sub-contractors as well as top consultancies that are working on a multitude of projects nationwide.
Established in 2005, Building Staff Solutions (BSS) are one of Ireland’s leading outsourced solutions provider and recruitment specialists. We provide managed solutions within the construction industry providing qualified staff for short-term & permanent placements.