Azon is currently looking to recruit an experienced Project Quantity Surveyor for a leading Main Contractor in Limerick. As part of our overall team, you will be responsible for the overall financial management of our high profile projects.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the commercial and contractual performance of building projects, the Project QS’s responsibilities fall into the following three areas:
- Post tender and pre contract activities: familiarisation with the tender file and assisting with preparing commercial targets for the project.
- During the contract period: the procurement of subcontractors, attending pre-award meetings, documentation and schedules, applications, variation schedules, measurement, controlling accounts, payments, in-house reports, contractual correspondence and final account.
- During the post contract period: finalise subcontractor accounts and complete all filing and other documentation
Salary: €45,000 – 55,000 depending on level of experience. These figures are guidelines and are open for negotiation.
- BSc in Quantity Surveying or equivalent.
- 3+ years’ experience with a Commercial Main Contractor with experience in the management of building contracts.
- A trades background is preferred but not essential.
- Strong measurement and take off skills along with knowledge of building detail and construction technology.
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills along with strong IT skills, specifically in Excel, Cubit and Outlook.
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Work on own initiative as well as part of our growing team
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines is critical, as are strong organisation skills and the ability to create clear and concise reports
What we offer:
We want to hear from you whether you are actively looking or more passively considering a new role.
- Attractive rewards package
- Car allowance,
- Pension scheme,
- Professional subscriptions and other benefits,
- Opportunities for additional responsibility and career development