Our client, a leading main contractor, has a requirement for a Senior Engineer to join their team in Dublin. This is an excellent opportunity to join an award winning contractor and be involved in large scale commercial and residential projects in the city centre. The ideal candidate will have experience working on large concrete or steel frame developments.
Key role requirements and responsibilities
- Ensure all technical information is available when required for the delivery of design and/or construction.
- Liaise with design team as necessary.
- Detailed knowledge of setting out procedures and engineering principles.
- Co-ordinate, direct and manage sub-contractors and suppliers as required by the project programme.
- Application of engineering principles in the preparation of calculations/drawings/sketches and resolution of engineering challenges within specific knowledge areas.
- Competent in the use of instruments for purposes of setting out and gathering information
- Consolidate a reputation for innovative engineering, technical expertise and professionalism.
- Implementing engineering systems, documentation and controls by compliance with Health & Safety legislation, Company and industry standards
- Have in-depth knowledge and understanding of various engineering disciplines including planning, QS, QA/QC, materials, plant and equipment, sub structure, superstructure, and temporary works.
- To promote forward thinking and strive for engineering excellence.
- Motivate train and retain the best engineering staff.
- Set targets for your team
- Degree in Engineering/Construction related discipline
- 5+ years of engineering experience on building projects
- RC Frame experience is advantageous