Site Engineer required for a well established Irish Building Contractor, listed in the Top 50 Construction CIF Contractors for a number of years. Our client would have a long history of high profile projects across the board with values from €1-5m to €30m+. They have also won numerous awards for Commercial, Residential, Educational & Public Works contracts.
- Minimum of 2 years experience as a Site Engineer with a Main Contractor
- Degree qualified in Construction or Civil Engineering
- Highly motivated with excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support of Site Engineering of projects, in compliance with company policies and procedures & provide the technical/engineering expertise to enable the construction of projects;
- Set out all building works.
- Monitor the construction with regard to the quality of workmanship and materials.
- Ensure buildings are built to specification.
- Produce “as constructed drawing” and details of construction methods.
- Compile method statements as required for execution of specific tasks or sections of works.
- Ensure all subcontractors and site personnel have timely and accurate information in advance of the commencement of and throughout their carrying out of their works.
- Ensure compliance with Quality Management System & ISO 9001, PCL Environment & Safety Management System & OHSAS 18001 & ISO 14001, Drawings, Specifications, Building Regulations and Good Building Practice
- Assist in maintaining the progress on site in accordance with Project Programme, H&S and Building Regulations.
- Assist in producing and maintaining contract programs with the Site Manager/Contracts Manager.
- Maintain adequate standards, quality and control of sub-contractors/plant/equipment.
- Ensure company owned plant and equipment is maintained in good working order
- Ensure that the general site, compound and boundaries are set up and maintained in a good, tidy and presentable condition throughout the project
- Assist and Liaise with Contracts Manager, Site Manager, other Engineers, Q.S. and Head Office and the Design Team to ensure timely provision of essential reports, records, information and services. i.e. site diary, plant and labour allocation sheets, RFI’s, CVI’s, Contractor’s Reports etc.
Finance & General:
- Liaise and coordinate with the CM & QS to ensure the project is constructed in a cost effective manner, to meet overall budget requirements
- Liaise with the purchasing department to ensure that all materials and plant are requisitioned, ordered and delivered in a timely and cost effective manner
- Manage and control the level of materials waste and waste disposal etc.
- Support the project QS with the measurement, reporting and reconciliation of quantities, materials usage and waste.
If you are interested in this role, please click apply or contact Cormac Molloy on 01 707 1012 today
Established in 2005, Building Staff Solutions (BSS) are one of Ireland’s leading outsourced solutions provider and recruitment specialists. We provide managed solutions within the construction and industrial sectors as well as temporary and permanent recruitment solutions for a variety of industries, providing qualified staff for short-term & permanent placements. BSS have a proven expertise in Construction, Industrial, Financial Services, Accountancy & Finance, Administrative Support and Sales & Marketing working with some of the largest companies and organisations in Ireland and the UK.