Site Engineer - Galway (2408)
Entered: 21 Sept 2018
Our client operates internationally in every aspect of construction and maintenance for roads and for other types of transport infrastructure as well as on projects involving urban development and recreational facilities.
The company requires a Civil Site Engineer to work with their team in Co. Galway.
Primary Responsibilities as a Civil Site Engineer
- To co-ordinate the role as Project Supervisor Construction Stage as defined by the Safety Health and Welfare at Work (Construction) Regulations 2013.
- To prepare Construction Stage Health and Safety Plans from Preliminary Health and Safety Plans provided by client.
- To meet with client in advance of project commencement in order to carefully plan, schedule and execute proposed works
- To ensure communication by supervisors/foremen of Site Inductions, Method Statements & Safe Systems of Work (SSWP) for all visitors, employees, contractors and suppliers visiting site.
- To liaise with supervisors/foremen and ensure proper record keeping for all aspects of the various projects
- Monitor quality of Surface Dressing works to ensure compliance with the “Institute of Asphalt Technology Guidelines for Surface Dressing in Ireland 3rd Edition”.
- Monitor quality of In situ Road Recycling & Stabilisation works are in accordance with the “Institute of Asphalt Technology Best Practice Advice for Cold In Situ Recycling”.
- To carry out regular inspections/audits on Temporary Traffic Management and Aftercare to ensure compliance with Chapter 8 of the Department of Transport Traffic Signs Manual.
- To complete Pre-Construction Condition Surveys on projects prior to works commencing (e.g. video surveys).
- To co-ordinate testing and sampling of emulsions and aggregates in accordance with CE Marking and EN 12271 Surface Dressing Requirements and EN 12273 Slurry Surfacing Requirements.
- To programme and schedule works to maximise the efficiency of allocated recourses.
- To order and schedule deliveries of materials, e.g. emulsion, aggregates.
- To provide measures on completed works for invoicing purposes.
As a Civil Site Engineer you will have
- Engineering Degree (Level 8) in Civil Engineering
- 3-4 years relevant experience
- Technical drawing - AutoCad
- Computer skills – Office, Excel, Windows, Engineering Applications, Outlook,
- Strong awareness of health, safety, environmental, traffic management
- Strong awareness of civil engineering / site plant and equipment
- Good Organisational Skills
- Problem solving/decision making
Please send your cv to Clodagh at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01-4569899 for a confidential conversation.