|Our client in Leitrim who are a company that offer product lifecycle management solutions to the medical device and pharmaceutical sectors are seeking a Senior Project Engineer.
This company supports the Product Lifecycle Programmes from initial idea to end to end by offering bespoke services coordinated through specialist company divisions.
The Senior Project Engineer will manage and take a lead role on a range of challenging engineering projects in our Product Development Division, with active project involvement from initial concept and research, through to design and delivery of projects/products to market.
- Lead and be an integral part of the team tasked with the development process from concept generation through to design verification and testing.
- Ensure the application of analytical and experimental test methods to relevant standards to meet device and project requirements
- Provide technical feedback during frequent technical contact with customers to optimise product design.
- Compile project plans and lead a team to develop devices in accordance with planned activities, budget and timelines.
- Oversee the generation of design concepts and realisation in 3D CAD.
- Active project management across product life cycle stages and to client requirements.
- Experimental test design, preparing test documentation data collection, data analysis and results presentation.
- Writing technical documentation.
- Delivery of high-quality presentations to clients and articulation of complex design / mechanical solutions.
- Mentoring and supporting junior engineers as required.
- B.Eng. Degree in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent degree) or higher.
- Min 5 years post graduate relevant engineering/ design experience in the medical device sector with a proven track record of leading teams in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Experience in analytical and empirical test methods, protocol generation and project management.
- 3D CAD experience (SolidEdge/SolidWorks/ProE/Catia).
- Ability to convey design intent through sketches, prototypes, etc.
- Practical knowledge of manufacturing methods, and design for manufacture methodologies.
- Strong presentation skills and ability to communicate technical information clearly.
- Excellent interpersonal/communications skills
- Previous experience in a multi-disciplinary team based environment.
- Technical Report writing
- Ability to absorb and process large amounts of information.
- Problem solving and critical analysis skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines as per project milestones and customer requirements.
- A flexible approach and ability to work across multi projects as required.
- Availability for limited project related travelling.